December 11, 2019
Our Regular business meeting will “Called to order” at 10:00 A.M.
Following the business meeting, we invite you to join us for our annual Holiday Luncheon in the fellowship hall at American Lutheran Church. Bring a soup, salad, or dessert for all to share.
Remember our Gift Exchange is
“Quilts in the Kitchen” theme…potholders, mitts, aprons, table-toppers, etc. (Yes, you can BUY it!…doesn’t have to be homemade!!!)
Need more info? Contact Kathy Morgan.
Note Late Start, 10 a.m
We are celebrating another great year of quilting and sharing. Thank you for joining us! Thanks to all who participate all year long to make SSQ the successful club it is today!
SSQ Magazine Quilt Challenge has been issued to all our talented members.
Please bring magazines (no sewing or quilting) to the September meeting for our challenge to kick off in October.
(just a few ideas: travel, hunting & fishing, women’s, entertainment, health)
(Judy A will collect them at membership desk).
The challenge is to design and make a quilted project inspired by a magazine that is NOT a sewing or quilting magazine. It may be from a hunting, gardening, health fitness, women’s magazine or your favorite topic.
- Here are the rules:
- At the October 9, 2019 meeting, each participating member in this challenge will be given a blindly selected magazine.
- The page will be determined by your picking two numbers 0 through 9 when you receive
your magazine. You can then use those numbers to pick a page. For instance, if you get
the numbers 3 and 9, you could make a quilt from something that inspires you on page 3,
9, 39, or 93 – so four choices to come up with something intriguing to wow our group with.
(Note, if you draw two of the same numbers, you will be allowed to redraw one number.)
- The size will be limited to 200 inches for the perimeter.
- Make the quilted project related to something on the page you chose (or get stuck with) – i.e., a phrase, a picture, a color, let your imagination run wild!
- Submit the page from the magazine with your completed project and a short paragraph about how your project relates to the magazine page.
- Final Date of Reveal: February 2021 (that’s a lot of time for all of us procastinators!)
The Challenge for all who participate: There will be a dedicated section for the display of these projects at the 2021 Mesas to Monuments Quilt Show.
Janet and Judy