September 11, 2019
Attention all members. Please come and join us for a luncheon following our regular business meeting.
The luncheon will be a covered dish consisting of “Salads” provided by all attending. SSQ is providing our Birthday desert treats.
Your “Salad” to share can be vegetable, fruit, meat (anti-pasta, seafood, taco) or any combination that you can dream up. It can be any style: an old family favorite or something new and different!
Several folks volunteered to bring crackers and rolls.
And, of course, we will have a sweet treat for our birthday dessert! American Lutheran Church provides the serving utensils, so no worries there! See you on September 11!
We are celebrating another great year of quilting and sharing. Please join us! Kathy Morgan
SSQ Magazine Quilt Challenge has been issued to all our talented members.
Please bring magazines (no sewing or quilting) to September meeting for our challenge to kick off in October.
(just a few ideas: travel, hunting & fishing, women’s, entertainment, health)
(Judy A will collect them at membership desk).
The challenge is to design and make a quilted project inspired by a magazine that is NOT a sewing or quilting magazine. It may be from a hunting, gardening, health fitness, women’s magazine, coloring book or maybe a comic book.
- Here are the rules:
- At the October 9, 2019 meeting, each participating member in this challenge will be given a blindly selected magazine.
- Then the participant will be able to draw 2 numbers corresponding to a page in your magazine. (you will have two chances to create a great project)
- The size will be limited to 200 inches for the perimeter.
- Make the quilted project related to something on the page you chose (or get stuck with) – i.e., a phrase, a picture, a color, let your imagination run wild!
- Submit the page from the magazine with your completed project and a short paragraph about how your project relates to the magazine page.
Janet and Judy