Remember workshops presented locally are very cost effective for you. You do not have the additional expense of $500 – $2000 for travel. Consider this fact when you sign up for the workshops. You gain knowledge at a very reasonable price.
2018 Programs in Review to make reservations, contact: Wendy Bain 832-444-1473 and Peggy Pretti 970-263-4473
- January – Rendezvous teachers’ presentations and class signups.
- Moab Retreat: January 25 though 28.
- February- Beth Washington. A hand quilter from Palisade. This will be TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 due to Lent.
- February 22nd and 23rd 2018 Rendezvous
- March – Community Affairs sew in – TUESDAY, MARCH 13.
- March 15 Workshop Jolly Standford “Navaho Wedding Basket Quilt”
- April 11- Marilyn Badger from St. George – trunk show.
- May 9 Julie Silber curator and appraiser/consultant of antique quilts before 1960. “Rare & Historic Quilts.” Guest fee is $10.00
- Julie Silber will also lecture at Colorado West Quilters Guild’s 7 pm meeting on May 9 at the First Christian Church, ?1326 N. First Street, Grand Junction. The evening topic will be “Keeping’ ‘Em in Stitches: America’s Funniest Quilts.”
- May 10th Workshop Dating Old Quilts at the Clarion Hotel. The registration fee is $52 for SSQ members and $62 for non-members. Lunch is included and reservations are required. The workshop will review what to look for in antique quilts using samples brought in by participants.
- June 13 – Carol Moellers from Iowa – a trunk show and lecture.
- June 14 Shake, Rattle and Sew Workshop, 9-4 at Clarion Hotel, includes lunch for $65 ($10 more for non-members)
- July 11 – Margret Noah from Montrose, a traditional. art and pictorial quilter presenting a trunk show.
- No workshop scheduled.
- August 8 – Kim Fauth ABCD Quilting techniques in her book. (Powerpoint and lecture).
- August 9 – Workshop: Learn to make the 32 blocks in Kim’s book, 9-4 at Clarion Hotel, $54 includes lunch. See how exciting it is to interchange the blocks or colors for a whole new look.
- September – Our Birthday Bash.
- October – Mary Wilson Kerr, author of “Twisted: Modern Quilts with a Vintage Twist” will be the presenter.
- November – Annie Unrein of By Annie and the inventor of Soft and Stable will be our presenter
- Workshop for Catch All Caddy, a new pattern developed by Annie Unrein.
- December – Our Holiday Party.
SSQ 2018 Programs-1