Throughout the year Sunset Slope Quilters is host to various Happenings.
These Happenings are great ways to join up with fellow quilters, and enjoy sharing your craft among our community. Some of them are specific to our group and others give SSQers a chance to interface directly with the public.
They include Rendezvous, National Quilting Day, Stitch In, the Mesa County Fair, hosting Colorado Quilting Council’s August meeting, and the fundraisers at Barnes and Noble Book Fair and Quilt Show.
For our members, SSQ sponsors a three day Retreat at Moab Utah. We have our Annual Picnic or “Birthday Bash” and our December Holiday Party.
What’s Your New Year’s Resolution?
Want to try one of these?
- To finish all the quilt projects from 2017
that I should have done in 2016
after I started them in 2015
after planning them in 2014
and buying the fabric for them in 2013
while having the pattern for them since 2012.
- Complete One “UFO” hidden in my “stash”.
- Attend one Community Affairs group work gathering.
- I plan to organize my “stash” and find all my “UFO’s” before I add anything to it.
- unless I finish one “UFO”
- unless I find a new storage space
- unless I just can not live without that beautiful new fabric in our sponsors’s store.